Commitment To Your Privacy
TelevisitMD, Inc. is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your medical information. TelevisitMD, Inc. enforces the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, which protects the privacy of individually identifiable health information; The HIPAA Security Rule sets the national standards for the security of electronic protected health information. In summary, your health information will not be shared without your prior consent.
Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY. TelevisitMD, Inc. is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your protected health information (‘PHI’). PHI is information about you that may be used to identify you (such as your name, social security number or address), and that relates to (a) your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition, (b) the provision of health care to you, or (c) your past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care. In conducting its business, TelevisitMD, Inc. will receive and create records containing your PHI. TelevisitMD, Inc. is required by law to maintain the privacy of your PHI and to provide you with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your PHI. TelevisitMD, Inc. agrees to abide by the terms of this Notice while it is in effect. This current Notice takes effect on 07 October 2022, and will remain in effect until TelevisitMD, Inc. replaces it. TelevisitMD, Inc. reserves the right to change the terms of this Notice at any time, as long as the changes are in compliance with applicable law. If TelevisitMD, Inc. changes the terms of this Notice, the new terms will apply to all PHI that it maintains, including PHI that was created or received before such changes were made. If TelevisitMD, Inc. changes this Notice, it will post the new Notice on its Web site and will make the new Notice available upon request.
Uses and Disclosures of PHI
TelevisitMD, Inc. may use and disclose your PHI in the following ways:
The following categories describe unique circumstances in which TelevisitMD, Inc. may use or disclose your PHI:
1. Public Health Activities. TelevisitMD, Inc. may disclose your PHI to public health authorities or other governmental authorities for purposes including preventing and controlling disease, reporting child abuse or neglect, reporting domestic violence and reporting to the Food and Drug Administration regarding the quality, safety and effectiveness of a regulated product or activity. TelevisitMD, Inc. may, in certain circumstances disclose PHI to persons who have been exposed to a communicable disease or may otherwise be at risk of contracting or spreading a disease or condition.
2. Workers’ Compensation Workers’ Compensation. TelevisitMD, Inc. may disclose your PHI as authorized by, and to the extent necessary to comply with, workers’ compensation programs and other similar programs relating to work-related illnesses or injuries.
3. Health Oversight Activities. TelevisitMD, Inc. may disclose your PHI to a health oversight agency for authorized activities such as audits, investigations, inspections, licensing and disciplinary actions relating to the health care system or government benefit programs.
4. Judicial and Administrative Proceedings. TelevisitMD, Inc. may disclose your PHI, in certain circumstances, as permitted by applicable law, in response to an order from a court or administrative agency, or in response to a subpoena or discovery request.
5. Law Enforcement. TelevisitMD, Inc. may, under certain circumstances, disclose your PHI to law enforcement officials, such as for purposes of identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness or missing person.
6. Decedents. TelevisitMD, Inc. may, under certain circumstances, disclose PHI to coroners, medical examiners, and funeral directors for purposes such as identification, determining the cause of death and fulfilling duties relating to decedents.
7. Organ Procurement. TelevisitMD, Inc. may, under certain circumstances, use or disclose PHI for the purposes of organ donation and transplantation.
8. Research. TelevisitMD, Inc. may, under certain circumstances, use or disclose PHI that is necessary for research purposes.
9. Threat to Health or Safety. TelevisitMD, Inc. may, under certain circumstances, use or disclose PHI if necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of a person or the public.
10. Specialized Government Functions. TelevisitMD, Inc. may, in certain situations, use and disclose PHI of persons who are, or were, in the Armed Forces for purposes such as ensuring proper execution of a military mission or determining entitlement to benefits. TelevisitMD, Inc. may also disclose PHI to federal officials for intelligence and national security purposes.
Rights Regarding Your PHI
You have the following rights regarding the PHI maintained by TelevisitMD, Inc.:
1. Confidential Communication. You have the right to receive confidential communications of your PHI. You may request that TelevisitMD, Inc. communicate with you through alternate means or at an alternate location, and TelevisitMD, Inc. will accommodate your reasonable requests. You must submit your request in writing to TelevisitMD, Inc., 800 East Cypress Creek Rd., Suite 416, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334.
2. Restrictions. You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of PHI for treatment, payment or health care operations. You also have the right to request that TelevisitMD, Inc. restrict its disclosures of PHI to only certain individuals involved in your care or the payment of your care. You must submit your request in writing to TelevisitMD, Inc. TelevisitMD, Inc. is not required to comply with your request. However, if TelevisitMD, Inc. agrees to comply with your request, it will be bound by such agreement, except when otherwise required by law or in the event of an emergency.
3. Inspection and Copies. You have the right to inspect and copy your PHI. You must submit your request in writing to TelevisitMD, Inc. TelevisitMD, Inc. may impose a fee for the costs of copying, mailing, labor, and supplies associated with your request. TelevisitMD, Inc. may deny your request to inspect and/or copy your PHI in certain limited circumstances. If that occurs, TelevisitMD, Inc. will inform you of the reason for the denial, and you may request a review of the denial.
4. Amendment. You have a right to request that TelevisitMD, Inc. amend your PHI if you believe it is incorrect or incomplete, and you may request an amendment for as long as the information is maintained by TelevisitMD, Inc. You must submit your request in writing to TelevisitMD, Inc. and provide a reason to support the requested amendment. TelevisitMD, Inc. may, under certain circumstances, deny your request by sending you a written notice of denial. If TelevisitMD, Inc. denies your request, you will be permitted to submit a statement of disagreement for inclusion in your records.
5. Accounting of Disclosures. You have a right to receive an accounting of all disclosures TelevisitMD, Inc. has made of your PHI. However, that right does not include disclosures made for treatment, payment or health care operations, disclosures made to you about your treatment, disclosures made pursuant to an authorization, and certain other disclosures. You must submit your request in writing to TelevisitMD, Inc. and you must specify the time period involved (which must be for a period of time less than six years from the date of the disclosure). Your first accounting will be free of charge. However, TelevisitMD, Inc. may charge you for the costs involved in fulfilling any additional request made within a period of 12 months. TelevisitMD, Inc. will inform you of such costs in advance, so that you may withdraw or modify your request to save costs.
6. Paper Copy. You have the right to obtain a paper copy of this Notice from TelevisitMD, Inc. at any time upon request. To obtain a paper copy of this notice, please contact TelevisitMD, Inc. by calling 1-800-204-1227.
7. Complaint. You may complain to TelevisitMD, Inc. and to the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services if you believe that your privacy rights have been violated. To file a complaint with TelevisitMD, Inc., you must submit a statement in writing to TelevisitMD, Inc. - ATTN: Security Officer, 800 East Cypress Creek Rd. Suite 416, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334, United States.